Whats The Big Deal?

pippoodle

RIP Dear nan 22/03/1925 --11/03/2009
Reaction score
I get messages saying i'm overstocked cos i have 30+ corys in my tank amoung other fish ~(rio 180)
all my fish are healthy and i'm presuming happy and thiving as they are breeding and the fry surviving

my filtration on the juwel rio 180 is
juwel internal filter - 600lph
fluval 3+ internal filter - 700lph
fluval 205 external filter - 680 lph

test results 24 hours after water change 0 nitrites , 0 nitrates , 0 ammonia , ph 7-7.2
water change once every 7-10 days

So i really appreciate the messages and comments but my inbox is getting full quick so if you have ANY comments or tips please post them here , i'm always happy to read them but fed up deleting inbox all the time

Thanks sarah x

1067-1.jpg

1066.jpg

1065-1.jpg

nice looking tank :) 30+ cory;s? wow suprised you aren't overrun with them when they start breeding . Cute little things.

the punks that are saying this should raise their opinions over the site, not through pm's

you are probably fine, dont worry

who is saying this?- wat are the names?

i wouldn't give names as everyones entitled to their opinions
I just thought if i post a thread then people could give me their thoughts and comments on this thread and save my poor inbox ;)

ok then about the names, but you can identify for yourself if its knowlegable people who know what they are on about

great tank btw!

as i and many others have said before, there is nothing wrong with your stocking, your plants and maybe anaerobic pockets are bringing your nitrates down. and cories dont produce much ammonia compared to other species anyway.

people who tell you your over stocked according to the inch per gallon rule. Which is NOT a rule! are idiots, because theyre not using logic. they dont take into consideration how much waste is produced. i dont work out how many inches i have, i just look at my nitrates and my fish, if theyre happy and disease free, and nitrates are low there is nothing wrong

This is a v.nice and active tank, ive only seen it a few times but every time it has entranced me there is always something happening, lovely community tank :good:

Mike

Nowt wrong with your tank Sarah, its lovely and the fish are happy, so ignore them whoever they maybe :)

Block their id's from your mail service, I think that with normal power filtration (and you certainly have enough of them) and all the plants you have in the tank your water quality must be good, and a 180 is more than adequate .

Ignore them, they are too stupid to properly read your stocking level, and check the species you have along with all the filtration you are using on the tank.

As others have said, ignore them.
As long as your fish are healthy and they have plenty of room to roam, then you have nothing to worry about.
If people are going by the 1" per gallon rule, then I am also overstocked in most of my tanks. Like yourself, my fish are healthy, free of disease and the water quality is spot on.
Personally, I think your tank is great! ;)

i like the tank!

i do wonder whether the people who pm'd you have the 'courage' to voice their opinion (bearing in mind thats what it is) in the open....

Probably newbies that have read the 1inch per gallon rule and are now thinking they are quite knowledgeable.
Just to mention, the plants in there are providing excellent filtration.

Most reactions

Back