Whats The Best Brand Of Trop Fish Flakes?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

firefighter1588

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
which is the best brand of tropical fish flakes? there are so many out there, can you guys reccomend a brand that has all the correct nuitriants, thanks :blink:

Depends if the fish you're feeding are omnivore, herbivore or carnivore.

I think there's alot of great brands; I tend to buy quite a few different ones for variety sake... of course feeding something else than just solely flakes is best.

If I had to pick the best brand I would choose Omega One. Just read the ingrediants and compare them to other brands, and you'll agree with me! For example:
Omega One Freshwater Flakes: whole salmon, halibut, black cod, whole herring, shrimp, krill, fresh kelp....
Tetra ColorBits Tropical Granules: fish meal, dehulled soybean meal, wheat germ meal, wheat flour, corn gluten....

If I had to pick the best brand I would choose Omega One. Just read the ingrediants and compare them to other brands, and you'll agree with me! For example:
Omega One Freshwater Flakes: whole salmon, halibut, black cod, whole herring, shrimp, krill, fresh kelp....
Tetra ColorBits Tropical Granules: fish meal, dehulled soybean meal, wheat germ meal, wheat flour, corn gluten....

I agree about Omega One. They are supposed to be more nutritious than most other brands.

As Wendy says..

You cant rely on flakes, so whilst it is no doubt a good idea to get a good flake product its much more important that you vary the diet. Including (depending on the fish) things like brine shrimp, bloodworm, algae pellets, cucumber etc etc.

If you let us know the fish you are stocking we can advise on what they like/need

HTH

Aaron

i have ten neons and 2 plecs, i feed them peas bloodworm brine shrimp and cucumber but i just didnt want to be using a rubish flake food, will try omega one, thanks guys

I use tetra flakes as basic food. I also give my fish peas and bloodworm as well as algae tablets.

I use Wilko Tropical Fish Flakes. Big tub of 100g for £1.50. Can't beat that for value.

Flakes aren't that important in my tank because I feed the fish bits of Veg, the odd prawn, the odd bit of chicken, frozen bloodworm every now and again, and I also have 4 Mollies who will also graze on algae so all in all everybody is catered for 1 way or another.

The cheapo flakes are more of a take it if you want it to my fish. They all come for it so can't be that bad.

I use Wilko Tropical Fish Flakes. Big tub of 100g for £1.50. Can't beat that for value.

Flakes aren't that important in my tank because I feed the fish bits of Veg, the odd prawn, the odd bit of chicken, frozen bloodworm every now and again, and I also have 4 Mollies who will also graze on algae so all in all everybody is catered for 1 way or another.

The cheapo flakes are more of a take it if you want it to my fish. They all come for it so can't be that bad.

You get what you pay for. You may think its a great deal buying a big tub of flakes for a cheap price but it won't be high quality and its really not the best for your fish. Personally I only feed Omega One, I think of it as I could eat cheap junk food OR I could pay a little more and get high quality food. Omega One isn't even that costly.

You get what you pay for. You may think its a great deal buying a big tub of flakes for a cheap price but it won't be high quality and its really not the best for your fish. Personally I only feed Omega One, I think of it as I could eat cheap junk food OR I could pay a little more and get high quality food. Omega One isn't even that costly.

You misunderstood me there I think. the flakes are really just part of their food, and therefore I don't really go to much expense with them.

If I mainly fed flakes I would get a better brand nutrionally

Most reactions

Back