Whats That Website.......................

Ark

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi can anyone tell me what the website is that calculates if you have low medium or high lighting in your aquarium. u have to write in your tank size and lighitng etc

Not sure on the website, but you can figure out your own WPG (watts per gallon) by doing the following:

Watts/Gallons(us) = WPG

For instance, my tank is:

85w/47gal = 1.8wpg (rounded to nearest decimal)

On my tank, this is medium lighting really, as the larger the tank the lower the number can be (in general terms). Over a nano tank, the WPG rule is kinda thrown out of the window. You need a lot higher lighting to get the same effects generally.

thanks dev but i kno how much wpg i have what i wanted to know was wether the amount of wpg in my tank is classed as low medium or high light

I think this is what your looking for:

The following increments are widely used to describe lighting levels;

0 to 1 WPG � Very Low
1 to 2 WPG � Low to Medium
2 to 3 WPG � Medium to Medium High
3 to 4 WPG or above- Medium High to High
Over 4 WPG � High to Very High

I think this is what your looking for:

The following increments are widely used to describe lighting levels;

0 to 1 WPG � Very Low
1 to 2 WPG � Low to Medium
2 to 3 WPG � Medium to Medium High
3 to 4 WPG or above- Medium High to High
Over 4 WPG � High to Very High

Remember that the above is describing T12 lighting!!! If you have T5 HO then it will be way off the mark and incremently down the chain until you get to T12 again.

i.e. The higher up this list you are the more you can ignore this list as it will be less and less accurate.
T5 HO
T5
T5 PC
T6
T8
T10
T12

Andy

im using t5's lol
i have 1,6wpg in a 27gal tank now my question is in a tank this size what sort of lvl is 1,6wpg

Most reactions

Back