Whats Sort..

MaddieJ

Fishaholic
Reaction score
what would be the perfect liveb~ for my 10g hex tank? its got 1 cory cat in atm, with 2 more being put in in the future. what would be happy in this tank and how many of them? :eek:

thanks alot, Maddie

Attachments

• Picture_78288.jpg
    Picture_78288.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture_78286.jpg
    Picture_78286.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 23
One rather unusual one (but still available in some shops) is heterandria formosa, the least killifish (not a killifish). These are tiny little livebearers; you could keep a whole little colony in a 10 gals. Say 2 males and 4 females.
5 male endlers or a trio of endlers is another thought.

I second the suggestion of Heterandria. In tiny tanks, having lots of very small fish is much more fun than just two or three platy-sized beasts. With a decent filter, a 10 gallon can hold a couple of dozen Heterandria, and you'd be a blessing to other livebearer fans, cranking out babies of these rather nice but rare livebearers to share with your friends!

Though called mosquitofish, they're actually perfectly peaceful, and not at all aggressive, as "real" mosquitofish are.

Cheers,

Neale

well, ive just been looking into them and they look really great! only problem is, i looked at my lfs stocking list and they cant get them. i also checked out some other local stores websites and they cant get them either! :X

can anyone suggest a good place or have any themselves up for grabs?

Most reactions

Back