What Would You Do With 280 Ukgalls

Haha our floors are good and solid (very old stone house) and we'll be having it checked out anyway that tank would weigh a good 1274kg whioch in stone is??? :unsure:

Rays may be a tad pricey for me lol i'd be terrifyed of killing one :crazy:

Thats just over 200 stone, thats a lot of weight :blink:

Your really lucky to be getting a tank that big, so many options I wouldn't even know where to start.

At least the wieght will be spread over at least 6ft but still structural engineers must.

My mum just wants a large show tank for the room, something for people to remember :shifty: plus fish are my area if she's diving in (literally) then it's going to be done with me to guide her, she loves my tanks so far so she trusts me (baaaaaaaaaad idea) :hey:

because you can get large fish very cheap as people dont want them!

PLANT IT!!! a massive planted tank would look amazing. get some big echinodorus' in there with a carpet of blyxa.

with that kind of tank i'd prob try a school of uaru, rotkeil sev and some geophagus + other random cichlids

orrrrrrr an aggresive setup red devil, texas, black belt, oscar (don't know if that would work but if it did that would be mad)

Spend all that money planting it and then watching the O and sev/s munch and tear till their little chubby hearts content i don't think so haha. LOVE big fish HATE that they munch all your plants :grr:

you dont need big fish. a shoal of 200 harlequins and about 12 denisonii. it would look mental.

Yea it would but i want to try my hand at bigger fish, i love em and how they look. No doubt a planted tank with millions of shoalers is truely stunning but i like fish that have more personality.

im sure there are some large sized fish that dont eat plants

There are but generally big fish just tend to uproot them and use them as expensive toys any large cichlid keeper i'm sure would agree :good: particularly Oscars which are a fish i've always wanted but never had the space for.

It doesn't bother me i have planted tanks and tanks with fakes they all get good compliments and anyway the focal point in such a large show tank should be the fish, for decore i'm thinking rocks black sand caves and a few fake plants here and there with a few large hunks of bogwood for a back drop if i can find peices big enuf.

Just hope the floor will be good for all the wieght :crazy:

For most people in this section of the forums that would be the case not the planting or such as plants and larger cichlids tend not to mix as i said before it is a huge tank and deserves some nice big fish.

Be aware you are on the cichlid part of the forum and cichlids are what i asked about, no doub a large planted tank is absoloutely amazing to look at but as far as larger fish go which is what i want plant just wouldn't be logical.

i would go for that clean look. a proper mbuna tank. (i dont really care what section its in, its cichlid related)
the blues, purples and yellows look amazing.

Most reactions

Back