What will appreciate thick moss

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Beastije

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I know I most likely asked before but anyways. My asian tank has a super thick moss "wall" and initially I thought it would be used for cloud mountain minnow spawning, but it is not, if yes, the fry dont survive the high flow. My other idea was that the hillstream loaches might use this and the nooks for spawning, again no dice.

I never had such a nice moss actually prosper in any tank, I used it to seed all my other tanks but it sort of rubs me wrong I have this massive biomass and nothing uses it. It is about 20-25 cm high, 10 cm wide and 110 cm long mass

Is there something I am missing that would appreciate it? I was considering getting some shrimp, but I suspect they will get eaten in this tank.
inhabitants: cca 40 white cloud minnows, 7 panda garra, 3 hillstrea loaches (sewellia lineolata)

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 24
  • full shot.jpg
    full shot.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg.6aaa5e7dcdd11cde74eff5d9fad8604d.jpeg
    image.jpeg.6aaa5e7dcdd11cde74eff5d9fad8604d.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 22
I know I most likely asked before but anyways. My asian tank has a super thick moss "wall" and initially I thought it would be used for cloud mountain minnow spawning, but it is not, if yes, the fry dont survive the high flow. My other idea was that the hillstream loaches might use this and the nooks for spawning, again no dice.

I never had such a nice moss actually prosper in any tank, I used it to seed all my other tanks but it sort of rubs me wrong I have this massive biomass and nothing uses it. It is about 20-25 cm high, 10 cm wide and 110 cm long mass

Is there something I am missing that would appreciate it? I was considering getting some shrimp, but I suspect they will get eaten in this tank.
inhabitants: cca 40 white cloud minnows, 7 panda garra, 3 hillstrea loaches (sewellia lineolata)

Thanks
i think a clear shrimp would look wonderful in here, or a filter shrimp
adult shrimp cannot be eaten by minnows

Most reactions

Back