What type of fish is this, or is it a fish? :S

toggle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Heya,

When i was in the aqarium shop (im a noob btw) i was looking at all the nice ikle fishies :p thinking what to get for my tank then WHOA! the most amzing thing i ever saw!!!!

It was like a white body with like a see-throughish membrain kinda textyure round it, it was about 3 inches long and was like a big tadpole, but it dindt have fins! it had blimming FEET!!!!!!!!!! It was like a newt without the scales!!

I was like OMG OMG OMG OMG I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!! wtf are these things? and can they be kept in a tank with other fish?

Thank you!

I can't remember what they're called but there are some "fish" that start out as tadpoley things then in years to come they actually become amphibians. I saw some at my favourite lfs last time I went there.

I'm really sorry I can't remember what they're called.

I cant get a pic coz i dunno what there called! thats why i was asking on here :p

they look so smart, ill look aorund on fish sites see if can find one

all i know they was £14.99 and had some weird name

YEAH! looked like those although didnt seem to ahve the fin so much around the neck but coulda been a baby or a different breed.

BUT YEAH THEY ROCK! and i want one!

can i put on in my tank?
will they go with general fish like mollies/guppies and a catfish (for suky algy :D)

or would it go round easting all the fish :)

That's an axalotl. A half grown tadpole of a species of salamander.

The bizarre thing about them is, if kept in an aquatic enviroment, they will never lose their gills and morph into a salamander, they can even breed as a tadpole!

If you reduce the water level and provide some land, the will lose their gills, grow lungs and turn into a boring looking salamander.

Tré Bizzaro, no?

They can be kept in a community tank, but they will eat any fish that will fit in their mouths.

And you better get a tight fitting lid :D

They're notorious for climbing out of tanks by climbing up the corners or using heaters, etc. as footholds

Most reactions

Back