What To Put In My 9 Foot Tank

couldguessaname

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Purely by chance I now have a 9 foot tank to house my existing fish...and indeed possibly add some more.

I need help and inspiration on a budget for fish and set up!

Current Stock:

2 Parrot fish
12 Inch Plec
14 lovely clown loach 4 inch to 7 inch
4 8 inch Tinfoil barbs
4 5 inch kissing Gourami

Ideas on a postcard please?

If it were me, I'd be boring and not add anything else. Seems you have plenty of fish to fill up the space once they get a bit bigger, plus it will only ruin it if it gets overcrowded.

I am not sure but a couple of angels would get the tank looking great. Might just be me but I love my angels lol. Also a red tail shark might go nice as I see alot of owners keep clown loaches with red tail sharks.

What are the other dimensions of the tank, I kind of agree with big eyes its a lot of big fish but there is perhaps opportunity for a few more fish but that big school of tinfoils takes up a lot of stock room.

Wills

I love my angels to, but I personally wouldn't put them in with kissing gourami's. I've known too many people who have had their angels literally shredded by them once they got bigger. :crazy:
With 14 clowns, 2 parrots and a large plec I wouldn't put much else in there myself.

I love my angels to, but I personally wouldn't put them in with kissing gourami's. I've known too many people who have had their angels literally shredded by them once they got bigger. :crazy:
With 14 clowns, 2 parrots and a large plec I wouldn't put much else in there myself.

See your point, mate had a load of angels and kissing gourami's, woke up the next morning most of his angels had virtually died lol.

Thanks for the replys.

The other dimensions are 21 inches tall and 18 inches wide.

To be honest all the fish get on well and teh extra space will only help with that I guess.

Perhaps I should use teh space to make an more interesting tank for the fish, caves etc etc

Thanks for the replys.

The other dimensions are 21 inches tall and 18 inches wide.

To be honest all the fish get on well and teh extra space will only help with that I guess.

Perhaps I should use teh space to make an more interesting tank for the fish, caves etc etc

that sounds more sensible. good look with your tank

Luke

Most reactions

Back