What To Do With Fry

jimboberdy

Reaction score
hi,

i tried to put this on the livebaras forum but i wasnt alowed!

anywhoo, what the heck does everyone do with all their guppy fry. surely people dont just keep expanding the number of their tanks!

i have loads at the moment and dont have any more friends to give them too.

what do u guys do?

Try phoning your LFS; though they won't take them until they're a sellable size. That's the problem with keeping mixed sex Livebearers. You'll have fry every month.

ok thanks,

would they take store credit u think? or pay cash ever?

great idea.

are there any other members from Australia? is there any way to find out?

You might have to invest in fry-eating fish for your tank. Sounds like you didn't mean to become a breeder. Hope one of your options pans out. :good:

sellf em....... keep em...... give em away...... to me..... (thats if ur in oz of coarse)... hehe....
use em as feeder fish...... donate them to a random person.... (my freind did that with a heap of platties he had.... bagged em and walked down teh street for a bit and gave them to a guy on his cell phone.... it was funny but who knows what happened tot eh fish... sorta feel sorry for em.....
ow well....
just some suggestions for you to ponder on.
community

B)-->QUOTE(Lynda B @ Jul 9 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]1684282[/snapback]
You might have to invest in fry-eating fish for your tank. Sounds like you didn't mean to become a breeder. Hope one of your options pans out. :good:[/quote]

Noob question - which fish are good as fry eaters? Hell that sounds awful :crazy: but you know what i mean! I'm lookin at getting some guppies but dont want to keep the fry or be in the position of finding homes for them - so was gonna use the 'survival of the fittest technique'

Sorry for thread hijacking :blush:

ditch the females to prevent more mishaps.

im in oz! brisbane and i have my own shop. how about you? where are you?
[/quote]

im down the road on the sunshine coast!

do you want some well bred guppies for your shop fishlette??

as long as everyone is healthy and colourful im happy to arrange something :) my shop is in sherwood near the rocklea markets ish :p you can give me a call at the shop if you like. will pm you the phone number

ok tried to pm you but because you are validating, i cant. the shop is called amazing pets & aquariums. im not sure that im allowed to put phone numbers in here but the number is in the yellow pages. im sure if you wanted to have baby gups around you could always become a regular supplier. might get some better quality ones than the lot bayfish send me lol ah there always nice but not always in the best of health when they arrive :(

emily

Wow !!! A LFS owner is trying to contact a hobbyist to buy his/her guppy frys !! :fun:
I contacted 13-14 LFSs in my area (i live in Texas, US) with 9 beautiful healthy swordtail fry and couldn't find a taker (even when I offered them for fee) :wub: I wish if I were in Australia! :)

Most reactions

Back