What The Quietest Air Pump?

jonnyf84

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi, i'm not big on air pumps, i use them in my fry tubs but now i need one on standbye and instead of the old bricks that shake the house down i am looking for one that is super quiet, can anyone recommend anything?

cant say which is the quietest ouyt of all of them as i have only used tetratec and eheim. out of the 2 the eheim is by far the quieter . also cost me less than the tetratec which lasted 3 months before the rubber diaphragms split . rena are meant to be good pumps too but i have no experience of them .

I tested a bunch and I think I remember the quietest being Rena, Sera and Eheim in that order.

Noisiest seem to be the Newair pumps, Interpet and Tetratec ones.

Out of the ones I personally own, my Rena has certainly been the quietest.

great thanks for that, i had heard that the rena and enheim were the quietest, i think i'll go with the rena, they have never let me down before.

great thanks for that, i had heard that the rena and enheim were the quietest, i think i'll go with the rena, they have never let me down before.

i have a Tetratec and its very noisy gee , so how quiet are the others compared because i can hear it hum with the cupboard door shut.
i need a powerful one for 250l tank , i like my bubbles

Most reactions

Back