• Feeder Guppies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swordtails

• Other livebearer (Specify)

• Get lots of Dwarf Gouramis instead of the Pearl Gouramis

• Other small <1" schooling fish (Specify)

• Total voters

Yenko

Fish Addict
Reaction score
The tank will contain 3 clown loaches, 6 otocinclus and a pair of Pearl Gouramis.

I need to decide on a small schooling fish for the tank. I'm seriously considering the Dwarf Gouramis despite the fact that they are not schooling fish; how many should I get?

Yenko said:
The tank will contain 3 clown loaches, 6 otocinclus and a pair of Pearl Gouramis.

I need to decide on a small schooling fish for the tank. I'm seriously considering the Dwarf Gouramis despite the fact that they are not schooling fish; how many should I get?
[snapback]672646[/snapback]​

u should get rummy nose tetras there cool get the true rummy nose tetras though there cooler

I've always loved the look of a nice sized school of Harlequin Rasboras. Bit of color, not too big.

I would go with a school of Neon, Cardinal or Rummynose. Even a school of corydoras would be nice for some action on the bottom of the tank.

Yenko said:

[snapback]672646[/snapback]​
I don't think clown loaches are a good idea in a heavily planted tank. I would think as they got bigger, they would keep the plants uprooted. Not really sure though.

I voted for the black phantom tetras. I have them in my 75 gallon and they look great with the green plants and the black substrate. I have 10 in mine.

tigerbarb420 said:
I would go with a school of Neon, Cardinal or Rummynose. Even a school of corydoras would be nice for some action on the bottom of the tank.
[snapback]877893[/snapback]​

I agree, a school of 7 or 8 cories would be really good. They are extremly active when they are young and love to school..

Neon Tetras and Zebra Danios are excellent schooling fish as well...

I've recently bought a school of 12 Lemon Tetra's... they're amazing :)

Once you get them settled in their tank, the colours are sooo striking :D

modernhamlet said:
xXMrBonesXx said:
MAM said:
I've always loved the look of a nice sized school of Harlequin Rasboras. Bit of color, not too big.
[snapback]877874[/snapback]​

:stupid:

sorry only smiley that fit the situation :*)
[snapback]877915[/snapback]​

:stupid: er

I mean me too! :D
[snapback]877954[/snapback]​

I'm confused I don't get it? :dunno:

Yenko - If I were you I'd get some harlequin rasboras and some cherry barbs. The cherry barbs arn't really your typical schooling fish but they do "hang out" in groups of 2-4. I think both the cherry barbs and the harlequin rasboras would add some nice colors to your tank.

I think you should keep the pearl gouramis. They are gorgeous fish with great personalities. Also they are one of the more peaceful gouramis compared to many of the dwarf species.

I've got a 55 set up with
Pearl gouramis
harlequin rasboras
cherry barbs and a
bristlenose pleco

It's one of my favorite tanks to sit and watch :)

I'd go for Rummynoses or Bleeding Hearts :wub:

Most reactions

Back