what should i stock my 60 gallon with?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kgodwin00

Reaction score
hey guys so far all I am set on is a rainbow shark and some pearl gourami 1 male and 3 females, any stocking suggestions? im looking for a centerpiece fish that could be either solo or a duo and would be okay if i put a a school in their of some kind of tetra (large enough they couldnt be eaten)

Hi :) so far you have picked out some fish that I would call your centre piece fish in that size tank, both get 5+ inches and are very beautiful in their own right.

To go with them I would put in a school of mid sized barbs - Black Ruby Barbs would look good with the Rainbow Shark and are not overly boisterous for the Gourami, Cherry Barbs could work nicely too. Bottom Dwellers could be difficult with the Rainbow Shark as they can be aggressive to other bottom dwellers. I'd be tempted by a group of the smaller Synodontis or Upside Down Catfish as they are quite robust while not being aggressive, Synodontis Polli or Multipunctatus would be good candidates.

Though to be fair before I suggest these finally do you know how hard your water is?

Wills

Most reactions

Back