What Plecs?

Daz28

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Anyone tell me what type of plecs mine are?
Bigger one is bout 12-14 inches and other only slightly smaller, any idea what they're worth?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 55
Looks like a Common/Sailfin Plec and a Gibbiceps (from left to right).
Worth probably about nothing - there are hundreds in public aquariums from people buying them tiny and not being able to house them adequately.
Mines an adoption, and I have rehomed quite a few that customers have brought into my place of work.
Beautiful fish - extremely messy and grow to around 45cm+ :D

Looking at your first pic, the one behind is a common and the one in front is a gibbiceps.

They're lovely fish, but not worth anything; you'll be lucky if you can find someone to take them off you, tbh
sad.png

Edit; Ooh that Sophie, she's a speedy typer
wink.png

fluttermoth said:
Looking at your first pic, the one behind is a common and the one in front is a gibbiceps.

They're lovely fish, but not worth anything; you'll be lucky if you can find someone to take them off you, tbh
sad.png

Edit; Ooh that Sophie, she's a speedy typer
wink.png

Nothing better to do while pregnant and swollen except practice my typing skills haha! Minimal exercise = minimal sweat in this amazing sub tropical English weather ;)

They look like a gibbiceps (thats the left one) And the other one is just a regular pleco or a sailfin pleco. There just not worth anything. sorry :(

SeaGoddess said:
They look like a gibbiceps (thats the left one) And the other one is just a regular pleco or a sailfin pleco. There just not worth anything. sorry :(
The Gibbiceps is the one on its own in the picture, brighter coloured one. Commons are darker with different patterns.

Most reactions

Back