What Plecs Do You Have ?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

st24rsap

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been done before or not, i had a quick look but couldnt find anything.

Would be good to have pics and information on members plecs, size, species, succesfull breeds etc etc

if its been done before or is a bad idea, i shall lower my head in shame and go hide in the corner :unsure:

i have 3 female plecs beleived to be Ancistrus SP Rio-Ucayali, heres 2 of them
DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

and then theres these, still not sure what they are but a few suggestions have been L088 or Ancistrus sp. (3)
DSCF1125.jpg

Ive only got bristlenose plec at the moment a breeding trio 2 females and 1 male

i have 3 female Starlight Bristlenose plecs, heres 2 of them

and then theres this one, still not sure what he/she is but it never seems overly happy unlike the other 3 :(

those are some nice unusual BN's :).... you have a PM... I'll try and ID them tomorrow...

OK - the 4th one looks like an L088 :)

I have one bulldog/rubberlip pleco I have only had him a few days and he is only about 1.5 inches.
DSCF4560.jpg

As soon as he saw me he swam back there
DSCF4558.jpg

At the moment i have 1 common plec and 1 male BN plec. Looking for a female though and maybe another kind but not sure on what yet!

I'm not sure if i should post pics of ours... It'll eat up a lot of bandwidth :D

Have a look at my website :)

I love plecs!!!!

1 L114
1 Sultan plec
1 Royal Plec
2 ancistrus of some kind
1 Clown Plec

many more to come soon if I can get some cheap tanks!!!

I have 3 Bristlenoses (2 males, one tiddler whose sex I don't yet know) - Shakleton, JNC (a friend's initials) and Sir Edmund Hilary. I also have a Common plec called Russell (note: not named after a plecoholic on this site). All rather lovely and I would like to have more plecs once I get the BIG tank sorted, though what they think of their names is another matter. If the upload works, a picture of Russell is attached. The others have so far defied the camera.

russell2.jpg

I have an L-25 Scarlet pleco (Pseudacanthicus sp.), an unknown Peckoltia, and one I cannot identify, but beleive its a Hypancistrus sp. (L070). I'll try to get some pictures of up if they will come out.

I have an L128 he's about 2.5" at the mo, and surprisingly social. We kept a clown plec before but he died after a whitespot outbreak, and the L128 has such a different personality. We see him all the time!

Most reactions

Back