What plants are these?

Kaleidoscope

Reaction score
I've got two plants that I really like in my tank, but I honestly can't remember what I bought, but would love to know what they are.
First one I assume is a Fern, maybe narrow leaf? Has some wavy leaves, about 20 inches tall at the moment. Inside of a 60 gallon, taking about a third of the tank.
Second one, long and thin leaved. Leaves about 12-15 inches at the moment. Inside of a 10 gallon, taking about a quarter to third of the tank.
Any help is appreciated!
plant2.jpeg

plant1.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got two plants that I really like in my tank, but I honestly can't remember what I bought, but would love to know what they are.
First one I assume is a Fern, maybe narrow leaf? Has some wavy leaves, about 20 inches tall at the moment. Inside of a 60 gallon, taking about a third of the tank.
Second one, long and thin leaved. Leaves about 12-15 inches at the moment. Inside of a 10 gallon, taking about a quarter to third of the tank.
Any help is appreciated!
View attachment 148546
View attachment 148547
The first picture is Java fern
This is the second one

Attachments

• CB4E47AD-36B9-46E2-8C07-4758586520EE.png
    CB4E47AD-36B9-46E2-8C07-4758586520EE.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 38
yes they can get pretty big from experience
I actually ended up at the store that I bought the first one from and got another of the same type. Turned out to be a narrow lead temple plant. I thought that I had remembered it being a narrowed leaf something.

@Kaleidoscope
You're in luck. Our Tank of the Month contest for December will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and less. It would be a great opportunity for you to show off your tank. And you just might win "Tank of the Month".

You will see a banner around the time we start accepting entries. Or if you click on What's New, it will be in the thread list once it starts. I plan on starting to take entries Friday afternoon. You will have about 6 days to enter before voting starts. Read the rules in the contest entry thread.

Meanwhile, take a good pic or a video (post video on youtube) of your tank and be ready to enter.

The top photo is definitely Hygrophila

Most reactions

Back