What Plant Is This?

liqourish

Reaction score
this plant looks cool though its in need of growing or regrowing lol. does anybody know what its called? pictures attach. its like a wrinkly java fern with the tip spits into many strands thats looks like a salad. (something like that) and #### is growin on it, its like hairs or somthing. and does anyone know if it speads over the aquarium? i had for about 3 weeks

guppie died :/

Attachments

• DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 62
/

/crap camera

/

Attachments

• DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 51
It is java fern v windelow. Microsorum Windelow. Have seen it referred to version lace. The leaves are longer than mine were.
Enyd4.jpg

It is a very hardy plant. I dipped some in a concoction of bleach for 10 min and it still lived. If you have low light just give in some flourish excell. It grows by producing little baby plants on it leaves, rhizomes, which separate from the mother plant. It is sort of like a bush plant.

It looks like you have hair algae on the plant. Here are 2 ways I read to get rid of it.

I battled with it for the longest time until I target dosed it with Excel. Turned off the filter and blew Excel right on the algae with a dosing syringe. Turned the filter back on after half a minute. After doing this daily for a few days the algae turned gray and died off.
IbnOzn http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com

Bleach
1 part bleach to 19 and soak for 2 min.
Have another bucket ready with water the same temp and with declor added to stop the the bleach action. Gently rub the leaves(anubias) to get rid of any dead algae before you place them in your tank.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/plants/6...l-bba-do-i.html
Complexity
Bruce Watts pt

It looks like you have hair algae on the plant. Here are 2 ways I read to get rid of it.^^^^^^^^^^

Well, you have better eyes than me if you see hair algae. Those plants tend to blacken and fray atthe ends, as it's sending out babies. Maybe, and I am no expert, it just looks like it could be hair algae. Eaither that or I need to up my prescription. If you want to clearly see hair algae guys, I'll send you a picture of my tank...lol.

thanks guys, very helpful, i just remember the guy said something liek javalanche, (some dillhole that didnt really care about customers). java fern lace windolev looks so much nicer then the average java fern. i wana have a giant bush of these though i only have a lil , cant wait till they keep growin :D

Most reactions

Back