What Next?

Murpheus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had a Leopard frog pleco in my 50 Gal community for a while now & I'm really happy with him. He's feeding well & although still quite shy, when he does come out he's great to watch.

I'd like to add another L134 to my set-up but they aren't readily available in my neck of the woods. The LFS that I got him at mis-sold him to me as a chocolate Zebra plec & hasn't had any more in since. He does however now have....guess what?.....actual chocolate Zebra plecs for sale. Typical eh?..lol but I prefer the L134 :) .

He also has golden nuggets, which I really like the look of, & is hopefully getting BN's next week.

Question is would any of these other plecs go well with the L134 or should I hold out for another Leopard Frog.

chocolate zebra here translates to Flash Plec somehow.

shows how american names mean nothing :rolleyes:

This is going to make me sound like a right moron :blush: , but surely if Royal Mail can do next day delivery to N.I. (which I think they can), can you not try one of the mail order places like Trimar?

I mean, I couldn't see it being any more stressful than standard delivery as I would guess that for some UK mainland deliveries that require next day delivery, that an air service would be used (ie from whereever Trimar are down in the South East to say Glasgow/Edinburgh or something).

I'm only wondering out loud here, but if you really want a L134, it may be worth checking with Trimar? :unsure:

Thanks for the replies.

I was speaking to the LFS guy today & he's said that he can get me pretty much anything within reason shipped over from the mainland so long as I'm prepared to be a little patient.

So now I just need to make my mind up what to order. Another L134 of something else? Queen arabesque perhaps?

He also has golden nuggets, which I really like the look of, & is hopefully getting BN's next week.

Question is would any of these other plecs go well with the L134 or should I hold out for another Leopard Frog
I have a gold nugget in with my 134 and they get along fine.

So now I just need to make my mind up what to order. Another L134 of something else? Queen arabesque perhaps?

If the LFS say they can get just about anything you want then there is a lot of choice available. I'd go with a queen arabesque personally. Thinking of getting one of these myself. L333 are also very nice. So are 174's.

I've got the following in my Trop88 tank, and they all get along just fine ;)

1 x 3" L134
1 x 4-5" L333
4 x 2-3" L183
3-4 x 1-2" Bristlenose's

2 x Tiger Barbs
6 x Neon/Cardinal Tetra's

Ok I went to a different LFS today & picked up this guy. I know I should have tried to researched before I bought, but he was the last in the shop & I fell for him.

Could someone please ID.......

Looks like whitespot in that 1st pic doesn't it? It's miles back to the LFS what shoud I do?

HELP!

Nice plec. Not sure of the L number though .......

No other option but to put him in the tank and add some med.

Hope he's OK.

Most reactions

Back