What Light Is Better? Quick Response Needed :)

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JasonMichael

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just cleaning my tank at the moment and am wondering which would be better to have as lights?

x2 Warm Natural lights or x2 White Day lights? I've attached 2 pictures (sorry about the look of the aquarium and the excess light coming from top as I don't have the covers on at the moment). They would do the same thing I'm assuming but can't decide what looks better :|

Warm Natural lights
e5062876.jpg

White Day lights
5dafbe27.jpg

Thanks

Personally I would have one of each :p

White light at the back over the plants (im assuming it has higher output?!) and warm (coloured) light at the front as it is better to look at.

Personally I would have one of each :p

White light at the back over the plants (im assuming it has higher output?!) and warm (coloured) light at the front as it is better to look at.

I use to have that :p but the other way around and i was getting a 'line' towards the middle of the background which i hated :p so now i dont know lol

Try it and get a photo :p

If between the wo, the first looks better but the second probably better for the plants... not much help ey!

Try it and get a photo :p

If between the wo, the first looks better but the second probably better for the plants... not much help ey!

here is the photo of what it looked like :p

34fe9aa7.jpg

what u think? :|

Odd :lol:

I think the brighter white lights would be better for your plants, depends how bad the glare off such pale substrate is for you, its hard to tell from photos to be honest.

Odd :lol:

I think the brighter white lights would be better for your plants, depends how bad the glare off such pale substrate is for you, its hard to tell from photos to be honest.

haha thats alright, worst case i can just change them :p lol

I like the warm naturals best!!!! But those daylights sure look nice :p

Entirely personal choice. I like the 10k lights, but have used 6500k with no trouble. Personally I think anything lower looks too yellow, but it will depend on background, substrate etc.

Most reactions

Back