What Kind Of Rocks Do You Use

davidblackson

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i want to go for a natural look a little jagged, i like limestone, im looking for light weight good look what do you use. please post pics if possible

I use River Cobbles and think they're great, though a little heavy.. i think slate looks good also. There arnt many rocks that are light.. unless they're fake.

ocean rock. it is heavy but well worth it. especially for a cichlid tank. lots of natural holes in it.

ocean rock. it is heavy but well worth it. especially for a cichlid tank. lots of natural holes in it.

Looks nice, but it soon turns green/brown/yellow with algae... also, its never happened to me and i dont mean to put you off but ive heard of people's fish getting stuck inside the holes of ocean rock. :crazy:

I use lava rock but am trying to switch to a rock pile of some sort. Also sand looks great for substrate.

I use ocean rock.

Yes it can & does get darker with algae, but TBH I like that natural look & the fish will graze on the algae.

I've used ocean rock but in a short space of time it got badly algae'd up! To slow it down be sure to put some phosphate removing carbon (like rowaphos) in your filter.

L

Most reactions

Back