What Kind Of Plant For Betta Bowl?

thezodiac

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
first please dont flame me for this but:

i have a limited space and a betta (old tank broke thanks to sibling)

anyways i have a 1 gallon glass bowl to put it in, what plant should i put in the tank to help with oxygen and such?

(wont be in direct sun but will get a lot of indirect sunlight)

thanks

elodea and camboba would be good stem plant choices. grow like mad, are not needy plants and can even grow floating around (uprooted). They also suck up ammonia. A small crypt would be ok for planting and gnerally do well in low light and have nice broad leaves for resting on.
cheers

Thanks. Also can you guys mention where they can be purchased. Ex lfs or like home depot

If you can't find any in your LFS, you'll be able to buy some online. :good:

Is this tank a temporary thing or are you going to be doing water changes daily? I don't know how you'd be able to fit a heater and filter in such a little bowl! :lol:

you can find elodea(aka anacharis) at petsmart. at the better petsmarts you can find crypts too. they come in little pots. Can pick up a 25 watt heater for about $9 at walmart. they are made by tetra brand and would fit in the 1 gal. they are quite small and work very well.
cheers

just realized a 1 gallon glass bowl would cost me $20

so for $25 im going to buy this 5 gallon tank
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-5-gal-Tank-Aquarium/14660258

(i know i could get a 10 gallon glass with hood for this price but i cant because of the size / weight)

i know i can replace the filter on it which is nice, ill probably get an acquaclear mini or something later. still need to buy a heater though

I am currently cycling one of those. It is a nice little tank. I went ahead and put an aquaclear on it because the filter that it comes with isn't very good. Also, be careful because the acrylic scratches very easily. I now have a spot right in the center of my tank that some sort of grime gets into and grows. I'll try and post a pic.

I am currently cycling one of those. It is a nice little tank. I went ahead and put an aquaclear on it because the filter that it comes with isn't very good. Also, be careful because the acrylic scratches very easily. I now have a spot right in the center of my tank that some sort of grime gets into and grows. I'll try and post a pic.

yeah i bought a 50w heater for it, and im was planning on buying an aquaclear 20 for it as long as it fits.

what kind of fish do you have in yours?

if betta is the current too strong?

I really like that tank in the link! Now I want it too haha.

yeah it looks pretty nice and its really cheeap although if your going to swap the filter id rather buy a 10 gallon + hood at petsmart for the same price $25. (have to buy light bulbs though)

it cost a little more because you need more gravel and such.

yeah i bought a 50w heater for it, and im was planning on buying an aquaclear 20 for it as long as it fits.

I have not finished cycling yet, but I am interested in keeping Endler's Liverbearer and some shrimp. The aquaclear 20 fits perfectly, however the flow is very strong and I would suggest baffling the filter for a betta.

I have not finished cycling yet, but I am interested in keeping Endler's Liverbearer and some shrimp. The aquaclear 20 fits perfectly, however the flow is very strong and I would suggest baffling the filter for a betta.

i havent tried to baffle it yet but from what ive heard you just buy an extra filter and fit it to the part where the water leaves the filter and enters the water
should be easy enough.

i was thinking about getting some shrimp, are these okay to keep with betta?

I was thinking about getting one of those tanks and cycling it. I was wondering if the filter produces too much current for a single male betta fish. Also is a 25W heater sufficient or should I get a 50W heater.

I have not used the filter that comes with this tank, however, I would imagine that it would be too strong for the betta. Worst case you can try it and if the betta is disturbed by the flow then baffle it with a cut up water bottle.

Most reactions

Back