What Kind Of Fish?

THX, but do you know which variety? :unsure:

Cause I looked at pinned posts and none of them looked like this fish...

Wow never seen a goldfish with such long fins,

It simply looks like a comet that has been selectively bred to have even longer fins,

It does look like a comet just a silver instead of the usual gold coloring.

it doesn't matter what you call it, it is a goldfish period.
but if you insist on defining that label then it is a long finned goldfish.
or you could make your own name up (like shops do) and call it a butterfly goldfish or
a black flowing comet.

All slim-type goldfish like that need large tanks or ponds to be kept in, its a beautiful specimen with nice "natural" colouring (however its colouring is quite likely to change as it grows, most grey or black slim-type goldfish usually do) but while goldfish may be cheap to buy they are expensive to keep.

it doesn't matter what you call it, it is a goldfish period.
but if you insist on defining that label then it is a long finned goldfish.
or you could make your own name up (like shops do) and call it a butterfly goldfish or
a black flowing comet.

Heya the wolf i have seen you in other threads too am i not wrong?
maybe you don't understand goldfish?
well like bettas, or strains of guppy, goldfish are the same named due to finnage and colouring....
e.g bettas you have crowntails,halfmoons,plekats,rosetails etc
well goldfish have such names too e.g. Popeye,Veiltail,lionhead,bubble eye....
so yes i guess your right but saying a goldfish is a goldfish isn't really any help to someone who may breed(such as i did) or keep goldfish.... :good:

my statement still stands weather it be goldfish or bettas.
what you are talking about is variations of the same species,
in the case of the goldfish Carassius auratus auratus and for bettas Betta splendens,
it is just mankind's interference that make them slightly different in appearance from each other.
a goldfish is still a goldfish and a betta is still a betta :good:

my statement still stands weather it be goldfish or bettas.
what you are talking about is variations of the same species,
in the case of the goldfish Carassius auratus auratus and for bettas Betta splendens,
it is just mankind's interference that make them slightly different in appearance from each other.
a goldfish is still a goldfish and a betta is still a betta :good:

Very true i agree, but the Question was what type of fish is it so i guess your right in that resoect, but im guessing paw-paw ment to ask what type of goldfish it is,
The answer really is it looks like a mixed breed perhaps a moor and a comet?
thats judging on the fins and colour, my first thought was a pompom but its missing alot of features.
Its a beautifull fish all the same...
i used to breed comets and i loved them all!

Most reactions

Back