What Kind Of Cats Are These

Night61

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i have two in my betta tanks, one per tank. i need to know what they are and what they eat. i have figured out the little buggers are nocternal and thats the best time to feed the little buggers so the bettas don't eat there food.

ImportedPhotos00021.jpg

ImportedPhotos00017.jpg

ImportedPhotos00016.jpg

It looks alot like my upsidedown catfish he is only small has well. He hides behind a rock allday. We had him second hand off someone when we bought our tank in january and it has only been recently i have noticed him sometimes come out for food when the other fish are feeding. When lights go out on the tank i have noticed him swimming about. I read that they like to graze on bogwood and algae like loaches. They look healthy enough so don't worry to much. Drop in the odd algea wafer, a book i have says they will accept any type of food and will just take the leftovers from your gravel.

Its deffinatly looks like a Synodontis, not your common 'featherfin' one though.

my guess Synodontis comoensis, but syno paterns are so varied more detailed pics would be required for closer guess

its definately somesort of syno, but def not a featherfin, the markings arent right, im sure its gonna get a lot bigger than it is now!

looks like a juvi colourd featherfin syno (Synodontis eupterus) to me?

my fether fin as juvis in my african tank
syno.jpg

as adult in my aro tank
cats10.jpg

Most reactions

Back