What Kind Of Catfish

roseykat5

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i went to wall mart and saw a real strange pleco type of catfish it said something plecodoras it was black and white stripe lookin idental shape as common plec but the stripes across like same direction as clown loach but in black and white not the zebra say its 3 each color going from side to side all theway down the tail ... i know walmart is a bad bad bad store but i see no evident of white spots or illness .. would love to get one as its strangest looking.... can anyone post a pic and i wanted to know what kind and they say at the store only gets about 5-6 inches .... wanted to reserche it

was it a striped raphael?

01catfish_raphaelstriped.jpg

Discus I thought the same thing. But Rosey said "the stripes across like same direction as clown loach" Doesnt it mean that the black and white are vertical not horizontal?? Only other thing I could think of is a clown pleco but im probably wrong.

Discus I thought the same thing. But Rosey said "the stripes across like same direction as clown loach" Doesnt it mean that the black and white are vertical not horizontal?? Only other thing I could think of is a clown pleco but im probably wrong.

o yea lol :blush:

i ave no idea, and a plecodoras thats like a plecostmus/corydoras i have no idea lol

maybe ill go and buy one anyways all i know its a type of catcish saids plecodora catfish somthing it was a strange looking fish i ve never seen it and stays 5-6 inches i guess it dont hurt to see and try it out huh i can quartine it in 10 gallon tank seeing its so well established tank with tetras and 2 platty
i only have 3 neon and 2 platty so it wont be over stocked and great way to quartine it any one else any ideas i need cpics to confirm it wont be til tommorrow if htey still have it ... i will have to call the store to see if they still have it
like i said ive never seen this kind

and i also googgled the clown pleco its not it either it more even with black and white stripes .. i wish i knew what they were

yeh get it, put it in your 10g quarentine, and then tak a pic we'l try and id it for you. but if its bad, imsure you can return it, good luck on getting it :)

Most reactions

Back