What Is Wrong With My Pregnant Molly

msclark1964

Reaction score
Here is a video of my pregnant molly who I thought was in labor last night.

She did this for several hours but never had any fry. Then she developed this red area at the back of her body. Does anyone know what it is? She seems okay today even though she had been refusing food. She ate a couple hours ago.

DSCF1736.JPG

hi it ulcers were the fish has red sores on its body you need to treat it quickly you need to chose a anti-ulcer treatment or a anti-bacterial treatment aquarium tonic salt also works great with the treatments i hope this was of some help to you

by apple king my betta
good luck ;)

hi it ulcers were the fish has red sores on its body you need to treat it quickly you need to chose a anti-ulcer treatment or a anti-bacterial treatment aquarium tonic salt also works great with the treatments i hope this was of some help to you

by apple king my betta
good luck ;)

Thanks! I did go ahead right away and treat the tank with anti-bacterial and aquarium salt treatment as well as a 20% water change. She seems to be doing better and the red is getting lighter. She has not had her babies but I think that is because she either wasn't in labor or she might have been too stressed. She is eating today so that is a good sign.

Im not so sure its ulcers if they very suddenly developed, so heres a bump to the top. Hopefully someone else will see you soon.

Im not so sure its ulcers if they very suddenly developed, so heres a bump to the top. Hopefully someone else will see you soon.

Thanks for the bump! She does seem to be getting better so that is good. I thought it might be some type of hemorrhage and am still watching her closely.

if the antibacterial is working then leave it imo, if its gone then there is no point worrying about it any more.

if the antibacterial is working then leave it imo, if its gone then there is no point worrying about it any more.

Thanks! It is almost gone so I am going to continue treatment until it is completely gone.

glad to hear it :) now she can get back to doinf what livebearers do best...

GETTING PREGNANT!!!!!! :party:

Any signs of fry yet?

Definitely can see that she is carrying because her stomach is almost transparent and can see little black spots (eyes?) but no fry yet. I noticed this morning that she does not have that "box" shape yet so she might have aborted/absorbed the batch and it might be another 30 days before she has any! I will keep you posted!

Most reactions

Back