What is wrong with my Cory cat???

DancingBetta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
FE1361A1-B141-49D3-9129-06C14DEA0026.jpeg
6AA2F819-12F6-46AB-9191-B70ADA46F20A.jpeg
105C0F54-4099-4E77-94AA-565F6267066D.jpeg

He has been like this since yesterday... what do I do?

Would say this is a columnaris infection of the mouth, aka cotton mouth disease.

Need some antibiotics like kanaplex or furan, its a very difficult bacteria to treat though.

Its an opportunistic bacteria often found in our waters naturally, but will take advantage of a compromised or injured fish, I would change out the substrate after as it looks pretty jagged and sharp, which has higher risk of infection with cories.

Would say this is a columnaris infection of the mouth, aka cotton mouth disease.

Need some antibiotics like kanaplex or furan, its a very difficult bacteria to treat though.

Its an opportunistic bacteria often found in our waters naturally, but will take advantage of a compromised or injured fish, I would change out the substrate after as it looks pretty jagged and sharp, which has higher risk of infection with cories.
Thank you! I will definitely change out the substrate and treat with kanaplex.

Do you have other cories in with him? Looks like this substrate isn't suited to cories and the barbels are compromised causing some infection.
He is with other cories. I read about this sand being fine for them but when you look at the pictures you can really see how sharp it is. I will get him some softer sand.

That is usually the result with severe infection unfortunately :(
Sorry for your loss

Most reactions

Back