What Is This?

EmilyC

Reaction score
I was dutifully cleaning out my tank on Saturday morning when I noticed this little creature had found its way into my bucket! I put it back in my tank, but I'm not sure what it is or how it got there!! :unsure: Anyone got any ideas? Sorry for the crappy pic it's very small!

IMG_0188.jpg

Sweet! I like Dragonflys! Not sure that I would want one crawling out of my tank and flying round my living room tho...

I'm lead to believe that they are capable of eating small (very small I would imagine) fishies too.

YEAH THEY COULD BUT MY LFS DOESN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEM IT JUST CRAWL;S OUT AFTER A WHILE AND UNRAVELLS ITS WINGS AND JUST FLY'S ABOUT THEN OUT THE DOOR LOL ITS FACINATING TO WATCH

WOW, oh i hope it is a dragonfly, that would be amazing!!! That wouldn't be dangerous to my fish would it??

Im not sure, but i think they can eat small fish, not 100% sure though.

Either way id take it out and put it somewhere like a pond or a water feature or something...

Dragonfly larvae are indeed attractive in your tank and the adults that derive from them are a delight to watch. In my tank though, they are pests. They eat small fish, not just small fry, so they are not allowed in my tanks for very long. Their maximum stay is until I discover them and can find a net to remove them.

mixmaster jay I believe it's 7/16 of an inch to the caps lock key - turn it off

I don't really get that people become so annoyed when someone else leaves caps on for a reply. Who gives a S***? What's the big deal? They are not actually shouting at you...........Get a life.

People typing with CAPS on all the time does annoy me to be honest. It's not a 'big deal', and personally I'd never post for the sake of asking them to turn it off.

I'm pretty sure I've seen dragonfly larvae videos on youtube. I think they were eating WCMM or something similarly sized... I'd remove them ASAP as oldman47 said.

mixmaster jay I believe it's 7/16 of an inch to the caps lock key - turn it off

I don't really get that people become so annoyed when someone else leaves caps on for a reply. Who gives a S***? What's the big deal? They are not actually shouting at you...........Get a life.

Keep this thread on topic please, or it will be closed.

BTT

Most reactions

Back