What Is This Poor Fishes Id?

Fifi

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I got this fish with a tank i bought the other day, it looks abit squashed at the rear end to me, any info on it's id would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

S7301212.jpg

S7301208.jpg

Looks like a featherfin cat Synodontis eupterus, that isn't in very good health. Loss of color and lots of damage to fins.

Thanks for the replies so far!!

It came in a 190l tank.

There was a tree trunk ornament in the tank, what the fish can swim into and it was squashed in that, I have since removed it from the tank.

It's eating and getting about, I wanna give it a chance. What should it be eating?

Thanks!!

They like meaty foods the best. Cichlid pellets and sticks are good. Also give them brine shrimp, bloodworms and such as treats a couple times a week. Good luck with him. He looks to have been a very nice fish at one time.

Yup, Syno E. are easy to care for, few weeks/months down the line it'll be back to normal, if alive :p

I really hope you can nurse him back to full health as when he is I guarantee he will be so entertaining in your tank and a beutiful addition to it too. Sometimes mistaken for the Upside down catfish when young but that one is definitely a featherfin catfish (synodontis eupterus).

I have two in my tank they are about 7 inches long now and I love them. I have attached a few piccies of one of them below.

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

Good Luck with him.

Andy :good:

Most reactions

Back