What Is The Easiest Egg Layer Fish To Breed

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I would love the opportunity to breed some egg layer that didn't produce a horrible amount of young and were pretty easy to accomplish. I've read somewhere that cory's were pretty easy, I know killies are pretty easy but I'd want something that had a lot of color in them. I've thought about bettas but I don't have that much room in my house for that and my wife would kick both of us out if I tried. I've heard angelfish were easy but at the present time I don't have the space or money for the tanks. Would panda cory's or other small fish like this be an easy start? I wouldn't mind keeping the offspring as long as they're weren't alot, I've also heard that kribs were nice to breed and they took care of their babies?

Convicts, angels, any cichlid bred on-mass should be easy to bread with a pair.

ZIf you want to try something different then bristlenose plecs, killifish etc. should also be easy enough with the right triggers..

Ben

I think cherry barbs are easy to breed and they have around 300 eggs.

If you are interested in colorful fish that take care of their young and don't require a large tank... Apistogrammas. (Provided you have a soft water source).

I would say corys and danio's are quite easy to breed in my experience :) , but i've heard that convict cichlids are by far the easiest egg laying fish to breed, unlike corys and danio's you don't need to create any special conditions to encourage them to breed, with convict cichlids you just put them in water and off they go :D .

Most reactions

Back