What Is The Best Heater?

electropunk06

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi
i would like a new heater as i dont trust one of mine. what 100W heater is the best most reliable heater?
thanks

I have never had a problem with my visi-therm heater =]

Ben.M

Bottom line is all heaters use realatively cheap thermostats. You may get unlucky with any brand a come home to cooked fish.

Lots of people use 2 heaters that on their own are not enough to heat the whole tank. So 2 x 100 watt instead of 1 x 200 watt - the idea being if one stops completely the other will keep the tank 'warm enough' or if one gets stuck on it isn't strong enough to cook your fish.

I would recommend you stay away from the Fluval M heater range , total rubbish.
Rena Smarts heaters are miles better

Completely agree with Matt and Carl, the Fluval M series heaters are terrible and one I had broke in the tank leaving the elements exposed.....luckily I caught it in time before I ended up with boiled fish! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
I went with recommendations and bought a Rena smart heater and I liked it so much I bought another when I upgraded the tank :good: :good:

Another point for Rena Smartheater here.
Used a few others, including some of the more expensive brands and Rena wins every time.

Too bad the rest of their range is a bit poop.

I have a jager heater and its never let me down, heats the water up pretty quickly after a 50% water change.

Completely agree with Matt and Carl, the Fluval M series heaters are terrible and one I had broke in the tank leaving the elements exposed.....luckily I caught it in time before I ended up with boiled fish! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
I went with recommendations and bought a Rena smart heater and I liked it so much I bought another when I upgraded the tank :good: :good:

OMG... the exact same thing happened with my Fluval heater :huh: :hyper:

Are the fluval E series any better? Ive just brought 2 300Ws for my 150G

I have 2x Hydor ETH300s - one per filter. Takes maybe 2 hours for newly added tap water to reach 26C in a 4x2x2 tank with just one of those guys attached.

i have some sort of standard petco filter for a 5 gallon, but it is in a 30g right now. had it for 3 years. no problems what so ever.

Are the fluval E series any better? Ive just brought 2 300Ws for my 150G

From what I hear, they're pretty #41#### good, just expensive.

Just bought 2 Rena Smart 300w heaters off eBay. £22 each delivered, bargain!

I have 2x Hydor ETH300s - one per filter. Takes maybe 2 hours for newly added tap water to reach 26C in a 4x2x2 tank with just one of those guys attached.
+1
I use 2 x Hydor Eth external heaters, but they do require the use of external canister filters so they can be fitted in-line with the inlet hose...great heaters IMHO

Most reactions

Back