what is she

clover

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi all this is one of my own bred babys cant realy tell what she is tho she looks like alot of things can anyone tell me what she is or is she a compleat mix

Attachments

• betta.jpg
    betta.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 40
Hi. First of all, can you tell us what is the parent you breed with? How they look like. If you can't tell, take some pictures and show us the parent. Both mom and dad. Thanks. :) She is awesome anyway the girl. :)

thanks her dad was a plakat this is him and mum was a plakat so i would have thought i should have got plakat babys. but she is a mix anyways here is the dad but mother pasted a ways a few weeks ago.
sorry its not very clear he wouldnt stay still

Attachments

• pkm.jpg
    pkm.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 53
:p thanks i love her so cute she has such guts for a little girl altho she is missing one ventral but that doesnt bother her or me

She does have a strong plakat gene as can be seen in her picture regarding all her fins. You can tell from the curve endtail too. One thing that is different is that she got crown spiking tail. If I am right, either one parent must have carried crowntail gene. :)

:eek: so i could get ctpk if i bred her with her dad maybe???
what about her dorsal fin its very big for a pk dont u think?

Plakat do have strong big dorsal fins. That is why people using plakat to fixed their halfmoon betta to get a stronger dorsal fins to stand up. :)
As for your plakat, they already been crossed over with different type of betta as what we can see and also different type of colors. In a true IBC hobby breeders, we are not advice to cross red to blue. :) That is why we tried to breed as true red or true blue in betta for continuing generation in competition. :)

The way her rays extend a little bit I would think she is delta tail. But I don't know.

Yeah, like Yeevia said, breeders try to get the red and blue away from eachother. One or the other :p

Lovely lady!

I agree with Yeevia. But If you do breed her, i'd go with another sib that looks like it has some crown in it. I don't see it in dad, maybe mom was the Ct carrier. It would be very hard, and take lots of selective bredings to seperate the red, and blue now. I think I'd get a White, or some mix of red, and or blue, W/white CT Male, and breed her with him. Make some cute little Red, White, and Blue CT, Plakat Babies. :hey:

What color was mom?

Forgot: how old is she?

thanks for the help she is about 4 months old and the mum to her was black body and blood red fins.
i might not breed her with the dad then i might just keep her coz i love her not to breed her

She's cute as a button, whatever she is :wub:

Awww! She's adorable! I have no idea what she is im afraid, but she definately looks like a Plakat to me, but with a bit ot a spiky tail - almost CT like.

I've never bred Bettas before, so i was just wondering if it was ok to inbreed? Do they get deformed or anything? I really have no idea :*)

Sadie xx

Most reactions

Back