What Is Happening

fishfreak24

Reaction score
My pleco is not active and is just lying at the bottem of my tank is there somthing rong

A lot of Plecos are only really active at night once the lights have gone out.

What type of Pleco have you got?

I think that is one that tends to be active at night.

I used to have a common Pleco that hardly ever moved during the day, but at night it was very active.

Does your Pleco look ok?

Have you tried observing him at night to see whether he is more active and feeding ok?

How long have you had it? Is this unusual behaviour for it or has it always done it? Most plecos aren't really great aquarium fish from the perspective that you never see them. I know a guy who only has plecos and he had the fish club around to see his fish and they all complained about seeing a bunch of empty tanks. I cleaned a tank out and removed a bunch of items from the tank the other day and I was shocked at the size of one of my L066. All I ever see of them is a bit of tail poking out of their cave.

He is less active in the night than in the day

I have had him from the beginig of the year and he was very active a few weeks a go

Is the water all ok? I think gibbys are pretty hardy but I have had hypans do this when I wasn't completely on top of the water changes.

What is the size of your aquarium in litres?

What are your water stats?

Temperature.

Ph.

Ammonia.

Nitrite.

Nitrate.

What other fish do you have in the tank?

Most reactions

Back