What Has Happerned To My Pim

:blink:
poor feeshie!
looks like something tried to much him :crazy:

what were his tankmates?

:eek: DONT USE SALT!!!!

he's a scaleless fish, it will burn him!! :blink:

zero NITRITES is good but you should have some NITRATE reading,....as for you Pim, I dont know.....Im suprised its still alive to be honest, has it been attacked it?

Personally Id try melfix for a 7 day course but its in a pretty bad way.

[quote name=''genesis' post='1036933' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:49 PM']
what were his tankmates?[/quote]

:sly:

It definatly looks like another fish/s attacked him, are you keeping any agressive/semi agressive tankmates with him or any that have a reputation for bullying or nipping?
I agree melafix is the best med for him as he is a scaless fish but doesn't actually have any infections/deseases at current, melafix will help reduce the chances of infection setting into the wounds, can you get hold of "Liquisel" by Interpet? That will also kill off any deseases in the water(dont worry it does not harm filtration or effect other meds).
What is the diet you are currently giving him? He will need alot of protein and vitamin C to to help him recover, finding the suspect fish for this act of violence is also very important though, as when fish discover a food source, in this case your pim, they usually dont leave it alone for long- one more attack would be more than enough to finish him off.

It definately looks like something bit a chunk out of him, poor little fella. I dont fancy his chances of recovering but good luck anyway.

Yes you ahven't been keeping him with those evil piranha's have you?! :lol:
Just keep with the melafix and see how it goes, try to feed him pee's and daphnia, check in a book to see what his ideal temrature is and keep it the same untill it clears up.
Best of luck
James

Well still alive and swimming about. Put UV in, if it helps so be it.
Dont fancy the poor buds chances meself either but hes alive so far. :crazy: SOMEHOW!!!!

Update you all before I go to work around 8.30 fingers crossed, but whats meant to be will be.
Good luck little buddy :/

Dan
I will be watchin out for ur post in the morning. truly amazed its still alive...plenty ov tlc from ya dan and hopefully it will make a full recovery. I have never seen anything like it b4...good luck ! :wub:

That looks horrendous mate, hope he does ok. Does he move his tail at all?

Most reactions

Back