What Fish To Buy....?

newfishaddict

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi , I have 21g with 11 neon tetras in it and two albino corries, one white cloud moutain minow. I have ancient rune type ornaments and I want a "creepy" looking fish that will work in my 21g, with my smaller neon tetras. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Can't think of one for a 21gal, only a small plec, but they don't always get on with corys.

Hi,

A farlowella might work, they can get 8 inches long but they are slow moving an spend a lot of time in the same spot. You should really have your corys in a group of 3 or more. My farlowella tends to boing along the bottom when he isn't stuck on his bog wood or the glass. He also likes plants with long leaves like swords and vallis.

Emma

how about a banjo catfish Bunocephalus coracoideus reaches 11cm
does prefer a sand substrate though

How about a weird one acantopsis_octoactinotos (Horse faced loach) -
Horsefacedloach.jpg

I'd go for the khuulie loaches to complement the rune stone- like those snake ornaments the Vikings were so into! And the Midgard Serpent- they would look just the part. Get 2 or 3 though to keep them happy.

a whiptail catfish would be great

they have a dinosaur look IMO. Not active at all though, but they are fun to look at :)

Banjo cat's the only thing I can think of that isn't highly predatory (ie, chaca, prehistoric monster fish), but they bury themselves in the substrate and rarely come out.

Most reactions

Back