What fish is this?

proteque

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey

My gf bought a fish a year ago. in the start we thought it was a gourami as that is what she was told at the zoo-shop. Now I am not so sure anymore. I have looked in gouramibooks without managing to find this fish.

The behaviour and shape of the fish makes me think chiclid but I am not able to find it in any chiclid book either. The seller on the zoo could not remember selling any white fish besides from kissing gourami which is definitely not is. This fish is the big boss in my chiclid-tank (where it landed as it killed all my neontetra, 16 tetras in 20 minutes :( ) and I would call it semi-agressive.

What kind of fish can this be? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum but I was unable to find a suitable one.

Picture of the fish

To make it a little more right for this section on the forum you can see my tank here .
It looks a lot better not that the plants have grown and I will take a new picture soon.

Thank you, found some pictures of it and thats the fish :)

So it was a chiclid like thought (knew?) :)

btw. how can I see the sex without have something to compare with. from what I read I can see it on the sice and the colors. As this is an albino and there is nothing to compare with it would be nice to know. Anyone have a tip?

Hi proteque
Most of the albino convicts I've seen the females still have the red under belly, so if you want to breed them I would buy a female, since yours doesn't appear to have any red on it i would guess it to be male and if it isn't it would be better to have 2 females than 2 males.

Hope this helps

David :fish:

Most reactions

Back