What Fish For A 20-70 Gallon Tank?

mea_caroro

Reaction score
I am not looking for a salt water community, but I would like a large community of fish of different sizes, from Guppies and Tetras, to something big. If you have any other suggestions, throw them at me. I don't know how big the tank is going to be, my mom and i were talking about it yesterday when i told her i found out my pleco is going to grow too large for my 10 gallon tank! :blink: When My two 10 gallon tanks become over populated with guppies, instead of separating the males and females I would like to stick some in the large tank, so what goes good with guppies, but medium to large in size? If nothing the tanks will just be a big tank and I'll fill it with a community of guppies and neon tetras along with other colorful, nice, tropical fish.

What sort of pleco is it? if you don't know try get a pic up

as for stocking, depends on the size, but cories tetras and smaller loaches(not clown)

What sort of pleco is it? if you don't know try get a pic up

as for stocking, depends on the size, but cories tetras and smaller loaches(not clown)

here he is. he's about maybe 3 inches or 2.5 inches long
pleco2.jpg

pleco.jpg

Angelfish would be a nice centerpiece in a larger tank and they should leave the guppies alone, just don't add neon tetras unless you want to provide the angelfish with a nice snack.

think its a common pleco, which will grow to 18", so will need a 6ftx2ft atleast IMO just get a second opinion on whether it is a common in the pleco subforum :good:

think its a common pleco, which will grow to 18", so will need a 6ftx2ft atleast IMO just get a second opinion on whether it is a common in the pleco subforum :good:

I hate my petstore then... I told them I needed a guy to clean my 10 gallon tank good. They knew it was a pleco, and yet they still gave it to me. Oh well, my fault. You should always research a fish before buying it. So a 6 ft long tank would be how many gallons? just an estimate. I'm not good at picturing things

I agree with lilfishie, does look like a Common Pleco. Post a picture in the Pleco section to get a confirmed ID though.
If it is a common, then you need a tank of at least 5' x 2' x 2' which will be well over 100 Gallons. :/

Most reactions

Back