What Fish Do You Recommend?

JodieLM

Reaction score
I have a 2.5g tank, i mainly want tropical, colourful and easy to care for but i am unsure of what fish to put in and if they will bond well. can you advise me of what to pick please
Jodie xx

If you were just looking to put 1 fish in there - a betta would be an awesome choice :) Full of personality - and they come in almost any color.

That's my 2 sense...

IMHO, less than 5G is a vase
put flowers in it and wait untill you have a proper tank for fish.

IMHO, less than 5G is a vase
put flowers in it and wait untill you have a proper tank for fish.

:rofl:

Seriously, though, a betta would probably be your best bet. Better still is a nice little planted tank (no bias here :rolleyes: ) with some shrimp. A 13W CF desklamp over a 2.5g tank grows some nice things with minimal effort. Shrimp love to hide and frolic in moss, a super easy plant to grow.

llj :)

The only fish I'd recommend for that size tank would be a single betta or a group of algae shrimp. Both would need a heater and filter (bettas can go without filters so long as you keep up on water changes, but it's a lot more work) and would appreciate live plants.

If you want to keep more fish of different varieties in a community tank, I'd save up and buy the biggest you can afford, at about 20+ gallons you can start to get a decent community tank going, anything smaller is difficult to stock and maintain.

Most reactions

Back