What Fish Can I Mix With Gouramis?

aquaticman1

Reaction score
i dont have any gouramis yet but i was thinking of getting ethier, blue,opaline, flame dwarf, or just dwarf.
what other fish will be compatible ?
if none can, can i have a species tank with all gourmais?

i dont have any gouramis yet but i was thinking of getting ethier, blue,opaline, flame dwarf, or just dwarf.
what other fish will be compatible ?
if none can, can i have a species tank with all gourmais?

I have dwarf gourami's and pearl gourami's in with drape fin barbs, rummy nose tetras, green line tetras, threadfin rainbow fish, hatchet fish, cory cats, bristlenose plecs, shrimp and frogs. They all get along fine, I used to have them in with live bearers before I moved away from them.

A few days ago I bought myself a powder blue gourami and added him to my 16 gallon tank that has a goldfish, fancy guppies, neon and cardinal tetras and a cory catfish. Surprisingly, they are all getting along quite well. I haven't seen any fighting between the goldfish and gourami. All the fish seem to have enough space in the tank.

I've had opaline gourami in with kissing gourami and thick-lipped gourami no problem, also with rainbow fish, plecs, loaches, corydoras, kribs, eels, bichir even clarias catfish! (NOT all at once LOL)

I keep a Gold Gourami with 9 black widow tetras in a 50 Gal, The gourami seems to enjoy trying to shoal with the tetras! Sticks out a bit though.

Most reactions

Back