what do you prefer

• marine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tropical

• freshwater

• Total voters
freshwater, pretty fish, slightly warm water, not too hard too luck after (unlike marine), not too dirty (unlike coldwater) and plus coldwater fish need a big tank, which i dont have room for, and marine fish themselves are about £18 each so yep. tropical 100% plus i love the honey gouramis x

Marine fish at £18 each, not many, i spend an average of about £30 for mine. i have kept freshwater tropical and am now keeping marine, and believe me marine systems are so much more rewarding.

VM

i voted marine i would love to set up a huge reef tank with all those corals one day it looks amazing when its all set up correctly...
but i dont have the money or space to do that now so tropical is the best i can get ATM ( i still love them though )

i have a tropical tank and love it,but in the future i will turn my rio 400 into a marine setup!!

i keep reading up about marine and get scared off by all the gadgets needed,and the time and effort thats it looks like you need to maintain it.

are they actualy alot harder to maintain,ie water changes,salt adding etc etc than a tropical setup?

Must say I will be going marine when my experience and funds allow. I do like tropical though and because I haven't scratched the surface yet I am sure there are many more years of enjoyment!

ive had a few freshwater tank including a few planted tanks and a African cichlid tank (still setup)

I also have a koi pond which i spend way too much time/money on

im currently setting up a marine tank aswell.

i like them all (except the marine as its not running but am sure i will like it just as much) it5 depends on how you have them setup, if you set a marine tank up correctly it shouldn't be any harder than the koi pond or the cichlid tank to look after.

i run both so obvioulsy like both.

Marine is more rewarding though and not that hard to get hold of. Just i have a soft spot for Oscars since dad had them when i was a kid so thats my Tropical setup.

marine, even tho i have never kept them i just love reading about them lol

Most reactions

Back