What Catfish Is ..........

miss_cichild

Reaction score
hi i would like a catfish which is pretty but big which can go in a malawi tank

How large is your Malawi tank? There's quite a few synodontis species you can chose from.
Synos in general are great fish IMO.

in keeping with the malawi theme you should have Synodontis njassae in with the cichlids

you could also keep S. eupterus,multipuntatus,angelicus,granulosus(pricey),occifellar,clarias,(14 inches),decorus(10 inces), my list can going on and on but al these fish arent from lake malawi.they are from tanganyika but still work just as good with malawi cichlids.As Wolf said, if you want to keep EVERYTHING malawi, the only syno from their is njassae.there are also different species of Bagrus meridionalis and Bathyclarias sp but those would be near impossible to find.there is also a clarias catfish but also good luck finding the right species.

How large is your Malawi tank? There's quite a few synodontis species you can chose from.
Synos in general are great fish IMO.
i have a trigon 350. i have a large spot syno and a stripped dora. i would like one that i can see more of though

the large spot syno is more than likely S. occifellar.u will barely ever see the dora.

I had a Syno Euruptus and have seen huge ones.

It should go fine and will be fairly active once full size is reached. But Until then.... It might hide a bit. Gotta wait for him to get to be the big guy in the tank.

I had a Syno Euruptus and have seen huge ones.

It should go fine and will be fairly active once full size is reached. But Until then.... It might hide a bit. Gotta wait for him to get to be the big guy in the tank.
he is fully grown but hardly comes out is there anything i can do to get him out more?

the only way u will see him more is if he doesnt have a place to hide or you have atleast 2 of the smae species.they will compete for territory.

Most reactions

Back