What ''bottom-feeder'' Should I Get?

KeeperOfFishyPeace

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'd like to get a bottom feeder for a 46 U.S. gal. (in the future) but want something different then a cory or pleco. I'd preferrably like it around 6" max or so. I don't have much experience with these fish so help would be awesome. which one?

thanx

Yo-yo loaches are more common, and cheaper than zebras, but they are a little less pretty and they can sometimes be aggresive.

Yes! from experience, knife fish are WAY too big and vicious.
Why not a weather loach? They are always popular and very amazing to keep. They bury themselves. Swim extremely fast. They add alot of personality to the tank and I find myself watching mine for ages!
They tend to look abit scrawny and weak when small but when they are bigger, around 6/7/8 inch they look incredably strong and full of colour. I LOVE EM!! :wub:

not sure how big these get but heres some more...Botia, Knife fish, needle nose?

Needle nose gars (Xenentodon cancila) are surface dwelling piscavors (fish eaters), why on earth would he want to add those to his tank?

weather/dojo loaches are amazing. after posting the post earlier, i went out and bought 2 more. I now have a huge 7/8 inch one and 2 small 3 inchers lol they are so great. buy sum and u seriously wont regret it at all

Most reactions

Back