What Are The Best Fish Tank For Dorm?

I had a hexagon 5 gallon while living in a dorm my fresh year. It was really quiet and plenty of room. 5 gallon isn't that big for a dorm. The one you listen should be fine for one beta.

In my dorm I have an eclipse 5 gallon tank, and it doesn't use too much space and is in a nice spot in the living room. A friend has the tank you posted and likes it, has it right next to her bed in fact. :) I'd personally go for bigger but the 1.5 gal should be fine for a betta.

As for the noise, if you have the pump against something it buzzes but if it sits on it's own it's a pretty quiet filter.

Hi,

I'm living in a dorm and searching for a better home for Blueberry Milkshake, my male betta. I'm looking for a small fish tank about 1-2 gallons with a quiet filter.
I found this one: [URL="http://www.petco.com/product/102093/Tetra-...uarium-Kit.aspx"]http://www.petco.com/product/102093/Tetra-...uarium-Kit.aspx[/URL]
I read this tank's comments and found that it's a good tank but it have a loud filter.
Can anyone recommend me other tanks?

How about this? It's 2 (us) gallons and is the same price, it doesn't however come with a heater and all the other little things like the one you looked at, but you can pick up a heater for cheap in the US: Clicky

I have one like this, its a bit bigger but it has the same basic style. Heres its Pros and Cons:

+Put it in the middle of a table as a center peice and everyone can see it =]
+Is a comfortable size for a betta.
+Incredibly quiet, sometimes at night I forget I even own a fishtank!
+I was worried the betta would have no choice but to go up and down but theres enough room for him to move freely and hes grown alot since I got him.
+Cleaning it is relatively simple.

-The filter was too strong, even when I reduced the flow. I had to to put tights over the filter to slow it. It worked but because the water is pumped up into the lid area the water collected and spilled over the side through the lid. I woke up to a half empty fish tank and a desk that was flooded ¬_¬. I was late to college that morning.
-I have live plants in the tank and depending on where I place them they don't get sufficient light and they die. The lid has like a small shelf where the filter is held and it blocks some of the light at the back of the tank, and It's hard to see a fish when the plants are all gathered 'round the front of the tank.
-The only way I can keep the water heated is by posting the it through the top lid and attaching it normally. So the lid doesn't close properly. It has no effect to the heater just looks slightly unsightly/untidy.

I can't really fault it that much though I can't wait to upgrade it to a bigger one at christmas [5 or 10 gal]. It makes a great home for a betta I've found and is the right shape for viewing.

If you can get a 5 gallon, then GET a 5 gallon ( unless you aren't allowed that amount as I know some universities in the US have insane rules about such things ) A 5 gallon hexagonal tank will take up less deskspace than a rectangular one, and is still ok for bettas. I have one myself on a small table in the corner of my dining room. Many hex tanks come with a built in filter ( which tend to be very gentle and make no noise at all, mine doesn't ) , so all you'd have to add is a heater.

Plenty of low light live plants like java moss, mossballs and Elodia will be perfect. 50% water changes every week and you should have no trouble at all.

Most reactions

Back