What Am I

xhan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have no clue what this guy is!

He's gone really pale/pink recently so I'm a bit worried - what sorts of things does he need to make him happy!?

img3609s.jpg

img4212s.jpg

Not sure which one but it looks like some kind of Synodontis - What were you sold it as? The only thing Ive seen similar is sp.Salt and Peper but not 100% have a look though, if it is that means its a hybrid. A lot of the syno species are being cross bred to create cheap hybrids now.

Quite difficult to gage what kind of needs it will have as the sizes differ so much

Not sure which one but it looks like some kind of Synodontis - What were you sold it as? The only thing Ive seen similar is sp.Salt and Peper but not 100% have a look though, if it is that means its a hybrid. A lot of the syno species are being cross bred to create cheap hybrids now.

Quite difficult to gage what kind of needs it will have as the sizes differ so much

What were you sold it as?
a pepper cory!!!!

its stayed pretty much the same size since I got him, about 2.5".

is hi syno eupterus/multifasiatus . the close pic shows a sand substrate ur main tank dosent what peramters is he/she being kept in i.e water conditions ammonia nitrite nitrate p.h etc other fish and diet ..... hiding places redening around gill area would suggest perameters.. also temp ideal perameters am 0.0 ppm nitrite 0.0 ppm nitrates below 0.50ppm p.h 6.8 7.5

as far as i can work out there is no fish described as synodontis multifasiatus?
its almost certainly not a hybrid of eupterus, almost all eupterus hybrids sport the hi fin, attained from the eupterus.
at first glance it looks very similar to synodontis nigriventris, though the rounded fin means its not, my best guess would be a juvi synodontis ocellifer, possibly a ocellifer hybrid.

What were you sold it as?
a pepper cory!!!!

its stayed pretty much the same size since I got him, about 2.5".

No sp. Salt and peper is a hybrid syno. Im fairly certain it is a hybrid a lot of synos are now unfortunately. Would disagree with Eupterous as at that size it would still have the network pattern of the juvi and as dave said the feather fins would start.

Most reactions

Back