What A Blummin Disaster

riffraff

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
evening all,
so i done my sunday water change, and thought i`d change the floss in the xp3, easy enough and same old same old...

had the bathroom as usuall and for some unknown reason i had the baskets balanced on the sink edge, (sure thats how i usually do it :unsure: ) anyway, went to the cupboard to get the floss and heard a crash...oh swear swear #70### swear, baskets no longer finely balanced on the sink, baskets and contents on the floor, then as i swooped into action my brain decided that the sympathetic folk on tff would probably enjoy my misfortune and it may raise a smile to some of you, so i quickly grabbed the camera and took a few shots for your pleasure.

to add insult to injury, once the whole thing was set back up, when i turned it on it spewed copious amounts of brown crap into the tank as the pipes obviously need a good scrub!

apart from that its all good.

cheers,

riffraff

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 23
Happens to us all, mate, happens to us all...

I got that same filter from a friend, but stopped using it as i found it such a pain in the #16##### to do simple floss changes! But balancing it would make life all the more tricky :p Thats why we do these things in the bathroom though!

Oh dear, we've all been there done that at some point

i usually get carried away when syphoning the tank, its not until i hear the water splashing on the floor i realise the bucket is overflowing! :/

i usually get carried away when syphoning the tank, its not until i hear the water splashing on the floor i realise the bucket is overflowing! :/
Oh, I do that too; it's easily done! One day, one day, I will do my water changes without getting the floor wet...

The worst one recently was when the tap adaptor came loose and fountained water all across the kitchen and out into the hallway. Of course, I was in the living room at the time, so I had to fight my way through the spray before I could turn the water off :rolleyes:

When i was cleaning my tanks i thought i was done, left the room, then heard water overflowing out the tank as i'd left the hose on! Only so many times you can have the guy downstairs asking if your doing DIY! Glad to be building my fish room in my house now where water spillages can be dealt with :)

Thanks everyone for all those stories which have cheered me up no end because I've got a raft of similar experiences. Drying out the carpet before my wife sees it is one of my regular activities!!! :good: :hyper: :crazy:

lol We stopped wearing socks in the living room where the fish tanks are. Soggy socks--> :sick:

Most reactions

Back