Well, I Am Back To New Worlds

jb12288

Moved On
Reaction score
After about 6 months of not keeping cichlids, I am back. I was keeping a 100 gallon planted tank but the filters messed up, then I was keeping some wild caught US fish but they did not do well in captivity and were released back into their original stream. Now I am keeping 2 green terrors and a columbia pike cichlid. They are now settling into the tank nicely. I will post some photos of them tomorrow after they have their first feeding.

I bought 1 male and 1 female green terror, with the male at 4" and the female at 3". The columbia pike is at about 4" and looking beautiful.

As I said tomorrow I will have a good photo shoot and post some for all to enjoy.

I had a quick look at the fish and noticed they were out and about so I turned the lights on and took a few sanp shots. They are settling in nicely:
fryh006.jpg

fryh007.jpg

fryh009.jpg

This is the male

fryh008.jpg

The female

fryh010.jpg

fryh011.jpg

The columbia pike

Thank you, they are already active creatures coming to the glass immediately after feeding wanting more.

they are very good looking, though some people dont like to keep silvers with golds but hey its up to you, the pike looks like it has some damage to the tail and imo needs some time to its self to heal but will be fun to watch them grow up.

Its been a few days since I got these fish and they have started to settle in nicely, the pike is still a bit nervous but that is just their nature. I got a few good photos of the male white saum and one of left over guppies LOL.

eating001.jpg

eating002.jpg

eating004.jpg

These photos really don't do justice to the wonderful colors of the fish, but they are ok.
eating005.jpg

Best I could get without my macro lens.

Shame about the gold saum, but the white saum is amazing. Can't wait to see it in a few months.

He is going to be nice, can't wait for him to grow up. I really want the altifrons they just got in, if only I had room.

The white saum is wild caught, they said the gold was but wild caught gt's dont have red tips.

UPDATE!
I had to return the female green terror as she was getting bullied by the male. Also, I took some really nice photos of them yesterday that will be uploaded later on this evening.

Most reactions

Back