Weird Swordtail Pregnancy

spazzinout

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok well i have a female swordtail in my 20 gallon tank and shes pregnant. Last night her stomach looked HUGE , like she was going to give birth any second. I wake up this morning , not to find any babys (not suprising), her stomachs smaller, BUT she still has a gravid spot. She still looks pregnant, but like how she looked 5 days ago. Could she have had the babys and gotten knocked up again that fast? Or did she only have a few of the babys or something?

This is my first sword tail pregnancy , Ive have guppys breed before, so i know a little about what is happening, but this is just CONFUSING.

Thanks

I agree with the above poster sometimes they have a few fry and stop, the rest should soon be on there way.

we have had alot of hassle with swordtails pregnancys we had two that never gave birth for month after one lot. they really looked bad as they were so big when they did eventually have there babies they were the same as you one the lost abit of weight but still had there gravid spots they are still heavy now they will soon be reaching there due date again

Most reactions

Back