Weird Blotch On My Betta

BettaLuver

Reaction score
So I have a Crowntail Betta - Steve.

Rcently, I have placed him in a new tank (was supposed to be a 10 gallon, but I was mistaken and it was atcually a 5 gallon)
Mind you, this is my first fish in YEARS.

Anyways, I tried eeding him a pea recently, and he freaked out so I left him alone for a few hours.
I came back, and he was still in the same state of "shock".

Before, his body was black and kind of pale (but not because he was stressed or anything), and he was just chilling, and swimming around his tank exploring.

After trying to feed him, his body got darker / blacker, and on his left eye, he got a little blotch of colour (same colour as his tail/fins), and his body is wide open as if he were about to fight another fish. Usually he's just calm and swims with his tail closed.

Anything I can do to help him?
I posted two photos, a before photo, where he's showing off, and you can see that there is now colour around his eye, and the second one where you can see that colour.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 51

Rcently, I have placed him in a new tank (was supposed to be a 10 gallon, but I was mistaken and it was atcually a 5 gallon)

Anyways, I tried eeding him a pea recently, and he freaked out so I left him alone for a few hours.

Before, his body was black and kind of pale (but not because he was stressed or anything), and he was just chilling, and swimming around his tank exploring.

After trying to feed him, his body got darker / blacker, and on his left eye, he got a little blotch of colour (same colour as his tail/fins), and his body is wide open as if he were about to fight another fish. Usually he's just calm and swims with his tail closed.

I posted two photos, a before photo, where he's showing off, and you can see that there is now colour around his eye, and the second one where you can see that colour.
[/quote
this to my friend its notjhing to worry about

[/quote
this to my friend its notjhing to worry about
[/quote
this happend to my friend its nothing to worry about hes probley just growing up

I NEED HELP
yesterday i brought 2 European blue rams and my Betta will not stop attacking hem is there any way to stop hi attacking them i have separated him into a breading trap to stop him attacking please help

Most reactions

Back