Waterlife Sterazin

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Slim8981

Reaction score
Hi all hoping to pick your brain. Just wondering if anyone has had an success using waterlife Sterazin in any other doses other than what waterlife suggests on the bottle? I found a really old thread on a forum dating back to 2005 where people are discussing double dosing (Twice a day) for 12 days as this method apparently is far more effective at killing flukes. This dosing recommendation supposedly came from an email sent from Waterlife to a customer. What are your thoughts? Double dosing for 12 days seems excessive to me personally but what about single dosing for 12 days. And if double dosing is exceptable and safe, why isn't this the standard go to procedure rather than dosing on day 1, 3, 6, 8 and 10. Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

The current instruction are to dose for 5 days rather than 12. I would not go by anything written about meds from 15 years ago as it may not even be the same product now - manufacturers do change what's in their products.

I have used Sterazin and can attest that if you use it to treat body and gill flukes you usually require 2-rounds of treatment for it to be effective. However, I would never go against the official dosing instructions given that its ingredients are carcinogenic. I have only ever double-dosed it in a quarantine aquarium containing just plants and that killed the plants.

Most reactions

Back