Water Getting Too Hot

srgraham

Reaction score
Hi all - the water in my tank is currently @ about 82C, I have ceiling fans running constantly try too keep the temp down but to no avail - any idea's would be greatfully received. Thanks in advance Stew.

Turn the heater down. 82C!!!!! Dear god turn off the stove! Cause you see 82C is like 170 F. I cook sausage at thet temp. Are you sure thats the reading? Because 82F isnt all tha tbad. At least I hope.

Which brings me to the origonal reason I responded to this post. My tank is ususlly set for 78deg F. After a partial change I ended up at 82 deg F. Does anyone think the 4 degree differance will be that big of a deal? It's almost back to regular temp, but at this hour I dont want to turn on the light to see how they react.

Srgraham, tqke your tank off simmer. Or add some salt paperika, garlic and 2 or 3 lbs of butter. ;) wait over night youll have a good b-fast.

Yeah turn down the water heater. You can put ice cubes in the water or you could blow fans right onto the water (to where the water is visibly moving).

sorry guys - it is 82f (was in a hurry when I wrote the quastion) I have already lowered the temp on the heater to 70f (heater is working fine) also tried semi-cold small water changes (and ice thanks mypapercuthurts) and I can't have a fan blowing directly on to the the water as I have a few elephan noses in the tank which have a habbit of jumping through any gaps they can find. Thanks for the assistance any way guys, I was just hoping that there was something out there for keeping a tank at a constant temp in this heat we are having.

Most reactions

Back