Water Conditioner

powerdyne6

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just a quick question I have been curious about for the last couple weeks.

Can you add to much water conditioner to the tank during your weekly water changes?

Not sure if it matters but I use API Tap Water Conditioner.

Can adding to much harm the fish or anything else in the aquarium?

Thanks

yes..if there's no chlorine for it to bind to...next would be oxygen and puff gone are your fish
if you dropped too much or the bottle? you might as well do an emergency water change like 70% which myself I never recommend unless in extreme cases and yours is it if it was a bottle drop
also adding an air stone will help a bit with oxygenation...

I would stay with the API Tap Water Conditioner. In my view from quite a bit of research into these substances, the API TWC is probably the best we can use, if all you have to deal with are chlorine or chloramine and possibly heavy metals. There are no questionable chemicals or herbal things (like aloe vera) in this conditioner, so it has minimal impact on fish. Do not overdose it though, there is no benefit to this plus it just adds more chemicals which in time can affect fish (any additive carries this risk). The API TWC is the most highly concentrated, which means less is required, and there is no other conditioner on the market that uses less or as little as the API TWC.

Cool. Did not know this.

No I didn’t drop the bottle or have an emergency. It was more of a discussion question.

However I do find myself going through this stuff at a higher rate. The syringe option sounds like a good one and I will probably be doing that from now on.

Thanks
yes..if there's no chlorine for it to bind to...next would be oxygen and puff gone are your fish
if you dropped too much or the bottle? you might as well do an emergency water change like 70% which myself I never recommend unless in extreme cases and yours is it if it was a bottle drop
also adding an air stone will help a bit with oxygenation...

Most reactions

Back