Water Cloudy

scotlad

Reaction score
Well at weekend my tank was looking cloudy so i cleaned it all out and filters.However its getting a bit cloudy again.Its pissing me off as my tank has always been crystal clear.Any tips on what could be wrong.Its a jewel vision 260 with big external filter.Any help will be appreciated

If you washed everything out with tap water then you will have killed off the good filter bacteria and now there is nothing left to break down the fish food and waste in the water. Cut the feeding back to once every couple of days and do a 50% water change each day until the water clears. Then do the water change every couple of days for the next month.

Filter materials should only be washed out in a bucket of tank water. The filter case and motor can be rinsed out under tap water.
If you have to change any of the filter materials then you should only change about one third of the filter media, then wait a few weeks before youi change any more.

If you washed everything out with tap water then you will have killed off the good filter bacteria and now there is nothing left to break down the fish food and waste in the water. Cut the feeding back to once every couple of days and do a 50% water change each day until the water clears. Then do the water change every couple of days for the next month.

Filter materials should only be washed out in a bucket of tank water. The filter case and motor can be rinsed out under tap water.
If you have to change any of the filter materials then you should only change about one third of the filter media, then wait a few weeks before youi change any more.

Thanks mate.I cant seem to do anything right lol
I will do a water change tomorrow again

Most reactions

Back